GEA Enterprise Architecture in Practice
Managing Coherence for Better Performence
Governable, organizational and technological developments are taking place at an increasingly rapid pace. Structures are less and less fixed and new service and business models are necessary to maintain or improve the performance of an organization. This leads to an increasing need for governing capacity to quickly choose the right direction as an organization in the event of major changes and to maintain and strengthen coherence.
This book shows how the General Enterprise Architecting (GEA) governing instrument is used to govern the enterprises’ coherence. Since the development of GEA, many organizations have gained experience in applying the instrument. In many different ways, GEA has contributed to the managing capacity of organizations and the solution of complex issues. This provided a wealth of information about the practical application of enterprise architecture according to the GEA philosophy.
This book is intended for (enterprise) architects and other professionals who want to use ‘enterprise coherence governance’ in their practice. Solving enterprise issues is central to this book. On the basis of a concrete roadmap, it is explained how ‘coherence’ is made explicit and how this is used to develop a solution for an enterprise issue.
From this basis, this book further elaborates on:
- • how GEA works in practice
- • the relationship with portfolio management and agile working
- • the design of the enterprise architecture function and the measurement of its maturity
- • how GEA can be combined with other tools, such as strategic governing tools, enterprise architecture methods and frameworks, and reference architectures.
This book enables the reader to ‘do’ GEA and to fit it into daily architectural practice. With the aim of improving the performance of organizations.
- Titel: GEA Enterprise Architecture in Practice
- Verschenen: juli 2021
- Uitgeverij: Dialoog
- ISBN: 9789461264350
- Omvang boek: 288 pagina’s
- Uitvoering: Paperback